If a burglar breaks into your house, you can bet that one of the first things they’ll look for is any expensive jewelry. If you leave any such jewelry lying round, it could end up getting stolen before you’re even aware that you have a burglar.
There is an easy solution however. You can invest in a wall safe to keep all of your expensive jewelry safe and secure under lock and key.
We’ve been checking out some of the best wall safes on the market for jewelry. And after much deliberation we were able to handpick our top 5 favorites to review for you here today.
But we get that choosing one can be tricky, which is why we’ve also put together a handy buying guide for you. It will walk you through all the key points to consider before you buy. It makes for a handy checklist.
Then we’re going to top that off with a section where we answer some of your most frequently asked questions on the subject.
And without further ado…
Viking Security Safe VS-52BLX
As we discuss in our buying guide later, one of the best ways to protect your jewelry and other valuables from falling into the wrong hands is with a biometric wall safe.
That way, the safe will only open when the fingerprint sensor detects one of your pre-programmed fingerprints. And once this beauty senses your fingerprint, it opens instantly.
And we’re pleased to report that this wall safe has plenty of other great features besides.
If you wish to, you can also set up a digital pass code. This pass code can be 4 to 9 digits long. And as we mention in our buying guide later, there are 10,000 possible combinations for a 4-digit passcode.
More so for longer pass codes. After 3 incorrect entries, the device goes on hold to prevent unwanted opening by burglars.
If you need to get into the safe quickly before you’ve set up fingerprints or pass codes, there are two backup safe keys included. These are 4 prong cross keys, not at all like barrel keys which are easy to pick.
It’s 19 inches tall, 14 inches wide, and 4 inches deep. It has a full carpeted interior to ensure that your jewelry won’t get damaged at all.
There are 3 fully adjustable shelves inside, and a built-in LED light to help you see inside to pick out any jewelry you want to wear.
You can have the sound on or off, and arrange a warning beep if the door is left unlocked. Batteries are included in the box, and there’s a battery level indicator on the front, so you are alerted when you need to change them.
It is robust with a solid steel body, tightly sealed, and pry-resistant by design, and it features heavy duty motorized locking bolts. The door itself is 5 mm thick, while there are two 20 mm steel locks.
Amazon occasionally has deals on this particular wall safe, simply click on “Check price” to see if there’s a deal on now.
- Scan and save up to 32 fingerprints
- Set up a pass code of up to 9 digits
- Two 4-prong cross keys as backup
- Fully carpeted with nice LED lighting
- Several other safety measures in place
- Because it’s entirely black it may stand out against pale decor
- HIGHTLY SECURE 19” x 14” x 4” BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT SAFE FITS BETWEEN STUDS IN THE WALL - Unlocks Fast by Registered Fingerprint or PIN Code. Retains memory even if batteries are removed.
- FAST ACCESS PERSONAL SAFE FOR HOME & OFFICE DEFENCE AND PROTECTION – Upgraded 500 DPI Optical Sensor, Motorized 20mm deadbolt locking mechanism, 5mm door, Seamless Laser Cut, Four Prong Backup Cross Key
- EASY TO SET UP & SIMPLE TO USE - Scan & Save up to 32 Fingerprints for Multiple People or 1 PIN Code, All Carpeted interior with Build in LED Light to easily see your Handguns, Jewelry, Cash, Small Electronics & Important Documents
- PRY-RESISTANT by DESIGN, TIGHTLY SEALED SOLID STEEL BODY GUN SAFE - Two 20 mm Solid Steel Locking, Sound On/Off so that intruders won't hear you, Warning beep if door left unlocked
- MODERN DESIGN, ROBUST MILITARY LOOK AND VERSATILE SIZE fits perfectly as a home safe, office safe, bedroom safe, or anywhere you need fast access and protection
COMPFORTABLE HOME DEFENCE FOR THE PEOPLE - 100 % Satisfaction Service & Solution Warranted by VIKING SECURITY SAFE DESIGNED IN USA MANUFACTURED IN CHINA
BUYaSafe WES2113-DF Fire Resistant Electronic Wall Safe
Of course, coming from our website, we had to include a safe that offers some level of fire resistance. This one has a special fire liner that will protect any paperwork within the safe for up to 30 minutes in the event of a fire.
Unfortunately however, you will need an extra deep wall to house it, specifically 8 inches deep or more.
You can program a passcode of your own choosing. But, this does not have to be numerical. There is a full alphabet on the digital keypad, which can help to make your passcode far easier to remember.
If you were to forget the pass code however, or if the battery were to run out, you can resort to using one of the 2 included keys intended as an emergency backup. But you might struggle to find it because it’s deliberately hidden.
As for the dimensions, it’s 19.25 inches high by 12 inches wide, and 5.625 inches deep. It features 2 shelves on which to lay out your jewelry and other valuables, but these can be removed if you wish.
And the interior and shelves are all lined with high quality velvet.
One of the best features of this safe is just how well hidden it can be. First off it’s not in a more obvious black color as most safes are, but better yet the keypad lies flush with the safe’s outer, so you can easily hang a picture in front of it to hide it from view.
It’s a strong and sturdy contraption, with a heavy-duty solid steel door and flange, and excellent burglary protection, thanks to the dual live bolts.
Although it’s relatively easy to install, we would recommend hiring a professional to do it for you, due to the sheer depth required.
- The Fire-Liner offers some fire resistance
- Choose an alphabetical or numeric pass code
- There are two keys provided as a backup
- A spacious interior that’s lined with velvet
- Keypad lies flush with flange for easy concealing
- Premium product at a premium price
- Only suited to walls that are at least 8 inches deep
- Burglary Resistant wall safe with digital electronic locking system.
- Excellent burglary protection with a heavy duty 3/16" solid steel door and flange.
- Designed to be installed between 16" o/c wall studs.
- Exterior Dimensions: 13-5/8"W x 20-3/4"H x 8"D
- 30 Minutes fire protection.
Able Digital Electronic Flat Recessed Wall Safe
It’s not very often that you come across a biometric wall safe that’s this valuable. At under $150 this is one of the more affordable biometric wall safes on the market.
As we will discuss in our buying guide a little later, one of the best ways to protect your jewelry and other valuables from theft is to store them in a biometric wall safe like this one.
You can program the safe to only open when it detects your pre-programmed fingerprint on it’s sensor.
If in the unlikely event that there was a problem with the fingerprint sensor, you can access the safe by way of a numerical digital pass code of your choosing, that can be anywhere between 3 and 8 digits long, making it quite the ordeal for a burglar to gain access.
In an emergency, it can also be opened manually by key. Just be sure to keep the key well hidden.
The interior dimensions are as follows, 18 inches high by 13.2 inches wide, and 4 inches deep. There are two shelves inside, and there’s plenty of felt padding to protect your jewelry from getting damaged. The safe is narrow enough to fit between two wall studs.
It has a very strong and sturdy build, constructed of thick heavy-duty steel. But what makes it super secure is the heavy-duty chrome steel dual 3/4″ pin bolt throw system.
- Bargain affordable price for a biometric safe
- Can be programmed to require a fingerprint
- Can be programmed to require a long code
- There are manual keys for emergency opening
- Interior features felt padding to protect valuables
- The door does not swing freely, customers have resorted to knives to swing the door open once unlocked
- Biometric Fingerprint Entry, Digital entry or Master Key Entry
- Can store up to 100 fingerprints. PIN numbers can be programmed 3 to 8 digits long. Hidden lock with two keys
- Constructed of thick solid steel, 2 Shelves inside safe, Heavy-Duty chrome steel dual 3/4" pin bolt throw system (not just latch)
- Mounts inside wall. Recessed to keep safe hidden. Felt padding included to protect delicate items.
- Please see pictures for size specifications
Paragon Lock & Safe – 7725 Superior Wall Safe
This best selling wall safe has proved to be hugely popular with customers. On Amazon alone, after well over 1,000 individual customer ratings, the average customer rating still comes out an impressive 4 and a half stars out of 5.
At first, we thought this popularity must be down to the bargain affordable price point. But then we started to look into it, and it’s actually got a lot going for it.
It features a digital lock that’s protected that you can program that can be anywhere between 3 and 8 digits long.
Any burglar won’t be able to work their way through the thousands of potential number combinations. And after 3 incorrect attempts, an alarm will sound to alert you to the attempted theft.
And while there is also a manual lock that you can open with keys in the event that you forget your digital pass code, this is completely hidden from view, and a burglar would assume that it just cannot be opened with a key.
As for the interior dimensions, it’s quite spacious, measuring 20.25 inches in height, 14.25 inches in weight, and is 3.75 inches deep. And there are two shelves. This makes it narrow enough to install between two wall studs.
Although it’s being marketed as a fireproof wall safe on Amazon, there is nothing in the product description that describes its fire resistance rating, assuming it has any fire resistance at all.
However, if you did want to fireproof your jewelry or other valuables, you can always store them in special fireproof bags within the safe.
- Bestseller with excellent customer ratings
- It has a bargain, affordable price point
- Requires digital pass codes of up to 8 digits
- Emergency manual lock is hidden from view
- Narrow enough to install between 2 wall studs
- It’s not 100% clear whether this safe is fire resistant
- Wall Safe – The Electronic Safe Can Conveniently Be Utilized In Your Home Or Business, And Is Designed To Be Installed Between Wall Studs For Easy Concealment Behind A Painting Or In A Closet. The Hidden Safe Is Perfect For Discreet Security
- Large – This Home Safe Is Large Enough To Securely Store Your Cash, Jewelry, Documents, Passports, Heirlooms, And More. Enjoy The Peace Of Mind In Knowing That Your Valuable Assets And Belongings Are Locked Up Safely
- Led Keypad – The Safe Is Protected With A Digital Keypad That Can Be Programmed With Master And Guest Codes 3-8 Digits Long. Equipped With 2 Manual Override Keys, You Will Never Have To Worry About Getting Locked Out Of Your Safe If You Forget The Code
- Automatic Lock – After 3 Incorrect Entries, The Alarm Will Sound For 20 Seconds, And After 3 More Incorrect Entries, It Will Sound For 5 Minutes, Alerting You To Attempted Theft
SnapSafe in Wall Safe
Now, this is a great way to keep your jewelry safe and secure.
This in-wall safe from SnapSafe features a high quality 16 gauge steel body construction together with a strong 15 gauge steel door. It comes with both a digital lock and an emergency manual key backup lock.
The interior dimensions are as follows, 18.7 inches high, 14.1 inches wide, and 3.78 inches deep. It has two integrated shelves and several magnetic jewelry hooks for hanging your jewelry up, and a handy document folder.
But what we really love about this in-wall safe is how it also features a false bottom, effectively creating a secret compartment, for keeping more valuable items super safe and secret.
It’s easy to install and is secured in place by 6 lag bolts. It can be fit between 2 wall studs, so as not to disturb the structure of the wall.
It has a black powder coat finish, and is designed to lie flush with the fall. You can conceal it further still by hanging some nice artwork over it.
It’s a bestseller with the leading online retailers in the category of wall safes, and over 80% of those who bought through Amazon gave it a full 5 star rating.
Amazon occasionally has deals on this particular wall safe, simply click on “Check price” to see if there’s a deal on now. When this article was written you could save about $70 on this item.
- Requires a digital pass code for entry
- It features a secret compartment inside
- It comes with several jewelry hooks
- Comes with 2 keys as a handy backup
- It fits easily between two wall studs
- Batteries not included
- SnapSafe In Wall Safe – Easy to hide and easy to access -- anywhere you want it with the SnapSafe Hidden Wall Safe! Ideal for protecting your handgun, passport, medication, gold coins, keys and more
- Secret Security Safe – The flush mount allows concealment on a wall behind framed artwork. Easily installed between 2 wall studs and secured by 6 lag bolts. A perfect home safe or office safe that no one has to know about
- Gun Safes With Hidden Compartment – The "false bottom" gives you a secret safe compartment to provide additional security for items such as cash or jewelry. Features 2 shelves plus magnetic jewelry hook and document holder
- Easy Access – This digital hidden gun safe comes with a programmable keypad lock balances security for handguns and valuables with quick access. Also includes 2 backup keys
- Sizing and Specifications – Inside wall gun safe with 14-gauge steel construction, weighing 35 lbs. with a black, powder coat finish. Exterior measurement : 16.25 x 22 x 4”. Interior measurement : 18.7 x 14.1 x 3.78". Powered by 4 AA batteries (not included)
As promised, here’s your buying guide. It will walk you through some of the key key points to consider before you buy.
Biometric Vs Digital Pass Code Vs Traditional Keys
There can be no doubt that a biometric lock, such as one that can read your fingerprint, is by far the best way to limit who can access the safe. With a biometric lock in place no burglar would be able to open the safe unless they physically place your finger on the sensor.
Access Via Digital Pass Code
A digital pass code is also a great way to keep your jewelry safe in a wall safe. There are a whopping 10,000 possible combinations that the digits 0-9 can be arranged into to form a four-digit code. Would-be burglars would never have the time or even the patience to keep trying different codes.
Four digit wall safe pass codes are just as easy to remember as your debit and credit card pin numbers. All you have to do is choose a number that’s personal to you and one that you can easily remember.
Access Via Manual Keys
As for keys, anyone can grab a key and turn it in a lock. However, it’s good to keep a couple of keys for your safe should you ever need a manual backup. For example, if you were to forget the digital pass code. You’ll just need to find a well hidden space to stash them.
The reason most people choose a wall safe over a more bulky and obvious safe, is because it can look far more discreet, and they feel like they take up less space (even if they actually don’t). If it’s flush with the wall, it may appear more like a cupboard than a safe.
Moreover, a wall safe that blends in well with the decor of your room may even end up going completely unnoticed by the burglar. You could even decide to remove the back wall of your closet and have the wall safe very well hidden away in there.
Strong And Sturdy Build
A determined burglar might try to use heavy tools to break into the safe. In which case you need your safe to be strong and sturdy.
Fire And Water Resistance
If, like most people, you intend to keep your jewelry safe in an upstairs bedroom, you’re unlikely to have to worry about your wall safe getting flooded. Although it would be nice to know your safe is waterproof if you were keeping passports in there.
Some wall safes can offer fire resistance, but very few wall safes can actually be considered fireproof. We were sure to include some wall safes in our shortlist that offer some level of fire resistance.
Your wall safe must be able to accommodate all of your jewelry, if not also additional items besides. So, if the wall is quite narrow, you will need the safe to be sufficiently long to hold enough shelves. Before you buy your wall safe, you should have at least a rough idea of how big you need it to be.
Wherever possible we have included the wall safe dimensions in our reviews.
Easy To Install
Unlike with box safes, a wall safe is meant to sit flush with the wall, and some installation work is required.
Value For Money
Now, wall safes can really vary in price. You can get some for under $50, or at the higher end of the spectrum, you can often end up paying over $1000.
This is why it’s so important to check prices as you go along. If you learn what kind of features your money buys you, you can use that to inform your decision about how much your budget should be.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Wall Safe For Jewelry?
We would argue that the best wall safe around for jewelry is our number one pick, the Viking Security Safe VS-52BLX, which requires a fingerprint to open. Check it out!