If in an emergency situation, you need to clear away some broken glass to make a safe path without the aid of a dustpan and brush, the last thing you want is to have no gloves on and end up cutting your best hand.
Or, if you do happen to have gloves on, you don’t want to end up cutting your gloves.
The solution, of course, is to invest in some good Kevlar, or Kevlar lined gloves with built-in cut resistance. Not only do they protect against cuts, punctures and abrasions, but they’re also impressively heat-resistant too.
And lucky for you, we’ve been checking out some of the best Kevlar cut resistant gloves on the market. And after much deliberation, we were able to handpick our top few favorites to review for you here today.
But we get that choosing a pair can be tricky, so we’ve also put together a handy buying guide for you that will highlight some of the key things to think about before you buy. It’s a great little checklist.
Then we’re going to top that off with another handy section where we answer some of your most frequently asked questions on the subject.
And without further ado…
First the reviews, in no particular order…
- Best Kevlar Gloves (Cut Resistant)
- Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Kevlar Gloves (Cut Resistant)
We were really impressed with these gloves, but particularly with their fire and heat resistance. They are able to keep your hands perfectly safe even at a whopping 1112 degrees Fahrenheit.
Not only are they heat-resistant, but they’re actually flame resistant too. That’s thanks to the gloves’ 4 layers of material. These layers include a 1.5 mm thick cowhide leather outer which provides an excellent textured grip.
Then there’s a layer of air-isolated aluminum, then flame retardant cotton, and finally a comfortable insulated cotton lining. And there’s Kevlar stitching too, which also makes it very tough and hard to break.
But despite all these layers of material, they’re surprisingly comfortable to wear. Not only do they insulate your hands from heat, but they’re also sweat absorbent, breathable and allergy free.
We can also confirm that they are cut resistant, puncture resistance, oil resistant, and wear resistance. These gloves are really built to stand the test of time!
They feature a relatively long sleeve, so they will protect your wrists as well as your hands. And they feature a fabric hook, so you can hang them up rather than lose them in a drawer. You can adjust the cuff so that it goes over your overalls or underneath them, and secure them firmly in place with Velcro.
They may be described as welding gloves, but they can be used in a variety of circumstances, including use as gloves for hot kitchen-ware, or for handling sharp items.
They’ve gone down very well with customers, with 70% of those who left an Amazon rating giving it a full 5 stars. And they gave it 4 and a half stars for durability, heat resistance and comfort.
- Excellent heat & flame resistance
- Cut, puncture and wear resistant
- Sweat absorbent and breathable
- Long, adjustable secure sleeves
- Excellently textured grip
- Only one size available
- Not machine washable.
- 【The Best Four Layer High Temperature Protection】Outermost layer: Genuine cowhide split leather and Kevlar stitching string. Ntermediate Layer: a composite product by laminating a kind of high temperature resistant Air-isolated aluminum foil and a flame retardant cotton cloth. Inner Layer:a 100% soft insulated cotton lining and denim jean cuffs. Kevlar flame-retardant thread sewing, with more advanced heat resistance and cold resistance, breathability, sweat absorption, anti-allergic.
- 【Extreme Wear Resistant Protection】This gloves are made from 1.5mm thick and soft shoulder split natural cowhide leather which is heat resistant, wear-resistant, puncture resistant, cut resistant, oil resistant. Reinforced double leather stitching and high strength sewing on the finger, palm, elbow & back of the hand .The unique super-stick hook and loop tape design can secures the wrist that can made the gloves not easy to fall off and easier work.
- 【Superior Protection for Finger,Palm,Elbow&Back】The 16 inches grill glove with 7.5 inches sleeve protects your hands and forearms from hot coals, open flames, grinding debris, welding sparks, hot kitchen ware, hot cooking steam and sharp objects.Effective even in extreme environments.Recommended for Stick welding (SMAW), Mig welding (GMAW), Flux-Core welding (FCAW), forging gloves or other high temperature applications, provide the most extreme heat protection.
- 【Perfect Gift to Your Friends or Yourself】This gloves are not only for welding ,also useful for many other works and home tasks.Fit for Fireplace,Cooking,Stove,Oven,Grill,Forge,Pruning,Camping,Bakingflowers,Whitewash,Stove,Gardening,Furnace,Barbecue,Campfire,Animal handling,Whitewash erc.Whether working at kitchen,garden, or outside, it's kindly for people and our environment.
- 【After Sales Service】We back up our claim that this glove is the best on the market.You can buy it with confidence.If you encounter any issue or advice after receiving the product, you can email us via Amazon email,we will offer 100% satisfactory service for you until you are satisfied.
If you’re looking for a good budget pick, Kevlar cut resistant gloves don’t come much more affordable than this – you can buy a pair for under $10, and they’re of excellent quality, too.
And we can confirm that they are one hundred percent DuPont Kevlar, and not some wannabe fake Kevlar material.
And they also feature blue latex too. It’s positioned on the palm and on the fingertips, and this is designed to provide a better, more textured grip on any items that you try to hold, to ensure that they won’t slip.
And that’s not all, the strategically placed latex material also protects the wearer against cuts, punctures and abrasions. Here’s a quick run down of it’s ANSI levels:
- Abrasion Level: 3
- Cut Level: 3
- Tear Level: 4
- Puncture Level: 4
For more information on ANSI levels, please refer to our buying guide.
They’re brightly colored in sunshine yellow and cobalt blue, which makes them a breeze to find when they’re stuffed in a drawer or cupboard.
It’s available in a choice of three different sizes, namely medium, large, and extra-large. There’s a handy (pun intended!) size guide on the product page to ensure that you get the perfect fit. To get to the product page, simply click on “Check Price”
If you make it to the product page and scroll down, you’ll find a comparison table where these gloves are compared with two other options which have different ANSI levels.
It’s a bestseller with the leading online retailers, and it’s gone down really well with customers, with over 60% of those who left an Amazon rating giving it a full 5 stars out of 5.
For specific features, they awarded it 4 and a half stars of comfort, and 4 stars for durability and for being easy to clean.
- Very affordable safety gloves
- Made with genuine DuPont Kevlar
- Features latex for cut resistance & grip
- Use the size guide to get a perfect fit
- There are mixed reports on its heat resistance
- Not suitable for those with latex allergies
- The cut resistance is only where the latex is in place
- Made of 100-Percent DuPont Kevlar cut resistant fiber
- Coated with Blue latex on palm, fingertips, and thumb
- Tensile strength, cut and puncture protection
- Perfect for Cutting Work and glass handling
- Sold by pair
Now, this was the world’s first cut resistant Kevlar lined work glove that was ever made. And it remains one of the top performing safety gloves to this day.
Every last inch of these gloves is lined throughout with genuine DuPont Kevlar fiber. This includes the top and the underside of your hand, and between the fingers.
These gloves feature both good cut and good puncture resistance, with ANSI ratings of Level 3 and Level 4 respectively. (Don’t worry, we will explain all about ANSI ratings in our buying guide a little later.
There’s padded knuckle protection, a supportive adjustable cuff, and even a dedicated terry cloth over the thumb for you to wipe your brow if you start to get sweaty. The palm features reinforced non-slip leather, so you get an excellent grip on anything you hold.
It comes from brand Youngstown, which puts the durability of their products at the forefront of everything they do, and this is clearly evident in these high performance, long-lasting, top quality utility gloves.
And if all that’s not enough, they also happen to be machine washable to boot – what a result!
There are 4 different glove sizes to choose from, namely, medium, large, extra large, and extra, extra large. There’s a handy (pun intended!) size guide on the product page to ensure that you get the perfect fit. To get to the product page, simply click on “Check Price”
- Every inch is lined with real Kevlar
- Both cut and puncture resistance
- Range of sizes for the perfect fit
- Padded knuckle & non-slip grip
- Incredibly durable & built to last
- It’s even machine washable!
- Some customers have said that these gloves make their hands a little sweaty
- A cut resistant performance work glove that is completely lined throughout with Kevlar fiber by DuPont
- Every inch of this glove (top, palm, side of fingers) is lined with DuPont Kevlar fiber for increased cut and puncture resistance
- The outer glove is a heavy duty performance glove featuring non-slip reinforcement on the palm, fingers and thumb for lasting grip and durability
- ANSI Cut Level 3 and ANSI Puncture Level 4
- Soft Terry Cloth is sewn onto the top of the thumb so workers can comfortably wipe away sweat and debris from their face and eyes.
Here’s another great pair of safety gloves to consider. They feature an excellent Kevlar composite lining throughout for basic cut and heat resistance…
Meanwhile, on the outer side of the gloves there’s genuine premium goatskin leather, which provides outstanding abrasion resistance. And they have excellent tensile strength too, and can take being pulled.
It’s ANSI ratings for cut and puncture resistance are 4 and 3 respectively. (If this means nothing to you, don’t worry, we’ll be discussing ANSI ratings in our buying guide very shortly.) Basically, this means that they are very durable and long-lasting.
They’re also very soft and lightweight, and comfortable to wear, with an excellent grip and allowing full dexterity and movement of your hands.
Another thing we love about these gloves is their keystone thumb. This is a set-in thumb that is sewn in as a separate piece. The benefit of this is that you get maximum comfort, reinforced extra stitching, and better dexterity.
But their really stand-out feature is how they have been arc flash tested, and have proved to feature both spark and flame resistance.
But unfortunately they do not offer as much thermal resistance as we were hoping for. (If you are looking for heat-resistant gloves, please check out our number one pick, the Cuwiny Welding Gloves.
It’s available in a wide range of sizes, starting from extra small right the way through to XXX large. There’s a handy (pun intended!) size guide on the product page to ensure that you get the perfect fit. To get to the product page, simply click on “Check Price”
It’s a bestseller with the leading online retailers and has been met with excellent customer ratings and reviews, having earned on Amazon, for example, a 4 and a half star average customer rating. And this is after approximately 1000 individual customer ratings.
These customers also rated it highly for a number of specific features, including comfort, stretch, durability, warmth, and value for money.
- Kevlar composite lining throughout
- Has outstanding abrasion resistance
- Keystone thumb for improved dexterity
- They’re available in a wide range of sizes
- Features both spark and flame resistance
- Excellent customer ratings and reviews
- There are mixed reports with regards to how much heat resistance they can provide
- CUT RESISTANT: Cut proof, Kevlar lined work gloves provide excellent protection against cutting hazards while at the same time being comfortable and allowing full dexterity. Great for construction workers or for someone needing a great pair of yard work gloves.
- ABRASION RESISTANT: Soft and lightweight, our premium Goatskin cut resistant work gloves have high tensile strength and abrasion-resistant properties.
- ARC FLASH TESTED: Arc-flash glove testing placed these cut proof gloves at level 3, with a rating of ATPV = 36 cal/cm². (Note: these work gloves are designed for spark and flame resistance, not thermal contact.)
- SAFETY RATINGS: Leather work gloves are ANSI cut-level A4 and Puncture Resistance ASTM level-3.
- APPLICATIONS: Cut-resistant work gloves for work in manufacturing, metal handling, general maintenance, construction, forklift drivers, truck drivers, farm equipment, steel plants and yard work.
Now, this is a pair of gloves that has earned the title of Amazon’s Choice for the category of cut and heat-resistant gloves. Such a title is only given to products that are both of excellent quality and are also available at a good and reasonable price. We would go one step further and say that these gloves are set at a bargain price.
They feature a 60% heavier Kevlar knit together with a composite filament for even better cut and wear resistance. And as a result, they feature excellent cut and abrasion resistance, with ANSI ratings of 4 and 3 respectively.
(If this means nothing to you, don’t worry, we’ll be discussing ANSI ratings in our buying guide very shortly.) Basically, this means that they are very durable and long-lasting.
Their anti-cut and abrasion resistance properties are also helped along by the glove’s unique spinning process, which is consistent in all parts of the glove.
But that’s not all – they also offer heat and spark resistance too. They were put into a 10-second flame test, and they passed. They won’t burn, drip, or melt. This makes them a great option for kitchen gloves, since they can be used when handling sharp tools, and double as oven gloves.
They’re also very comfortable to wear, and enable plenty of dexterity, thanks to their seamless string knit.
We also love that they’re entirely black, which means it can hide the dirt until you have a chance to wash them.
They’re available in a range of different sizes, starting with extra small, and going up to extra large. There’s a handy (pun intended!) size guide on the product page to ensure that you get the perfect fit. To get to the product page, simply click on “Check Price”
They have received excellent customer ratings and reviews, having earned an average Amazon customer rating of 4 and a half stars out of 5, even after well over 200 individual customer ratings. This is because about two thirds of customers have given it a full 5 stars.
- Has a thick Kevlar composite
- Heat, cut & abrasion resistant
- Wide range of sizes available
- Excellent customer ratings
- Entirely black appearance
- Some customers have said that the sizes run big
- CUT RESISTANT GLOVES: Heavyweight KEVLAR knit cut resistant gloves provide excellent protection against cutting hazards, excellent comfort, dexterity and fit
- HIGH ABRASION LEVEL: Heavyweight knit work glove is reinforced with a composite filament fiber to increase cut and wear resistance
- HEAT RESISTANT: Safe for work around heat and sparks, these cut resistant work gloves passed a 10-second flame test, meaning it’s suitable for job applications with heat, sparks and can be used as kitchen cut resistant gloves
- SAFETY RATINGS: These protective cutting gloves have ANSI cut-level 4 protection and are rated for high abrasion resistance ANSI level-3
- APPLICATIONS: Kitchen cut resistant gloves, metal fabrication, automotive assembly, sheet metal and medium heat applications
As promised, here’s your buying guide. Let’s walk you through all the key things to think about before you buy.
Warning – if you search for Kevlar gloves on online retailer websites such as Amazon, you are not always presented with Kevlar gloves only, and even Amazon’s Choice for the category of cut resistant Kevlar gloves don’t actually have any Kevlar in them.
Cut, Puncture and Abrasion Resistance
There is an American National Standard for Hand Protection with the acronym ANSI. This is used to give safety gloves ratings for abrasion, cut, tear, and puncture resistance. The level of protection against each category is rated on a scale of 1 to 4. The higher the number, the better the protection in the glove.
However, not all cut resistant gloves have been tested against ANSI standards. But that doesn’t mean they don’t offer some cut resistance.
Kevlar gloves and gloves that are Kevlar lined are naturally heat-resistant. But the level of heat resistance can differ from glove to glove.
If you definitely need cut resistant gloves that are also highly heat-resistant, we would recommend our number one pick, the Cuwiny Welding Gloves. If you need just moderate heat resistance we would recommend our number five pick, the Contender Heavyweight Cut Resistant Glove with Kevlar.
If you need to put your safety gloves on in a hurry or in an emergency situation, you don’t want to waste precious time figuring out which glove is for which hand, you just want to get them on and get going.
Some glove manufacturers make gloves of different sizes, which is great because we don’t all have the same size hands. If you’re not too sure of your glove size, you can either order a medium and return it if it’s the wrong size, or even better, you can scan the product page for a size guide.
Getting the right fit of glove is important because you don’t want your glove sliding off in an emergency situation. Moreover, if you don’t have a good fit for your glove, you will struggle to adequately grip items.
It’s no good wearing gloves if you can’t actually grip anything. So you should look for gloves that won’t let items slide from your hands. To that end, you should look for gloves that have a textured outer material to give you a good grip on anything you have to hold.
Value for Money
Safety gloves can really vary in price, with some costing under $10 a pair, and others costing as much as a whopping $86 a pair. So in order to avoid any needless over spending, we recommend checking prices as you go along.
That way, you can learn what your money can buy you and make a good, well-informed decision about how much your budget should be.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Kevlar gloves protect against cuts?
Kevlar gloves are well known for their excellent protection against cuts. This is thanks to both the strength of their fibers and the tightness of the weave. And they can also withstand friction too.
Many safety gloves these days feature an inner lining made of Kevlar, but with different materials on the outer, in order to provide further safety and protection, and also a better grip.